Zeitgeist - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ron Paul?

Go down

Ron Paul? Empty Ron Paul?

Post  SIMVAC Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:19 am

Now obviously war should be seen as a last resort to solving political issues with another country.

It is both morally and financially burdensome on a nation and its people.

Preemptive war is against the very fabric of our Constitution in at least two ways:

One, it goes against the idea of innocent until proven guilty. It is like arresting someone because they will probably commit a crime even though they have yet to do so.

(It is also an idea invented by Hitler in order to spread his agenda of fascism throughout the world.)

And two, preemptive war is against the original idea of banning interventionism. We were not meant to build empires or to police the world. Such action has historically led to the downfall of nations.

Ron Paul is an anti-war candidate who does not stand against continuing in Iraq only because of the moral implications of war, but also for the financial burden it is placing on the American pocketbook.

We are borrowing millions of dollars every day to maintain the war effort; a war that 70% of the American people feel we have no right to be in.

(Taxation without reprsentation?)

Ron Paul is calling for a return to a non-interventionist policy, meaning no empire building, no offense based wars.

(Defense wins championships.)

He wants to free us from the burden of inflation by dissolving the Federal Reserve and dismantling the IRS, meaning no income tax. By dissolving the Federal Reserve we can stop inflation which means the dollar in your pocket will be worth the same amount tomorrow and the next day and so on. Since the creation of the Federal Reserve in 1913 the dollar has decreased in value by $0.96. Seems a bit excessive for less than a hundred years doesn't it?

Moving on, Ron Paul also believes that the dictionary already has a definition for marriage and that as long as two people, regardless of their sexual orientation, want to be in a relationship, they should have, in a free country, the right to be in one. Why should we waste our time and resources debating and arguing against something that can only result in a loss of freedom for the American people? You cannot save marriage simply by redefining it. If you want to save marriage than tell her she's pretty and that you enjoy talking to her (your wife if you hadn't caught on yet) and that she's the most important person in the world to you. And then act that way. Problem solved; marriage saved.

Ron Paul, though religious, believes in the separation of church and state. Personally I find this to be crucial to our political structure. Though the majority of our religious citizens are probably christian, should that mean that the rights of others who don't follow the same mindset be limited or even refused? Think not.

The fact of the matter is, if it's Constitutional, Ron Paul is fighting for it.

And the really odd thing is that Ron Paul is a Republican and known as one of the more conservative candidates running.

Despite my deeply threaded liberal mindset, I have to say that Ron Paul is the most exciting and relevant prospect in the upcoming election on either side of the party line (yes, even more so than Obama and that's saying a lot.), but don't take my word for it. Do your own research.

I leave you with a link to a video and I hope you take the time, no matter what your political affiliation may be, to look into Dr. Paul's campaign.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWfIhFhelm8

SIMVAC

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum